How To Make Christmas Dog Treats
Christmas is the pawfect time of year to treat yourself and your four-legged friends! We've got everything you could want, so check out our supaw fun selection of personalized gifts to make your Christmas extra special.
Who doesn’t enjoy a treat? Remind your pup just how much you love them and let them indulge in some delicious goodies during the holidays by learning how to make Christmas dog treats.
Dog treats offer an excellent way to teach your pup positive reinforcement, strengthen your bond and add extra nutrition to their diet.
There’s nothing better than homemade goodies. So, why not use your festive break to revisit your love for baking (or learn a new skill!) and get your pooch involved too?
Fetch your personalized apron and let's learn how to make Christmas dog treats!
Easy Dog-Friendly Christmas Cookies
Preparation Time: 15mins | Baking Time: 18mins | Total: 33mins
If you’re wondering how to make Christmas dog treats, you’re in the right place! Did someone say Christmas Pudding Cookies? Yum! Your dog will be tail-waggingly happy to chomp on these tasty treats.
This recipe makes 30 cookies, plenty for your dog to enjoy over the festive season!
Christmas Pudding Cookies
140g Self Raising Flour
25g Rolled Oats
100g Dog-Friendly Peanut Butter
1 Tbsp Honey
1 Medium Egg
40ml Cold Water
50g Greek Yoghurt
30 Dried Cranberries
1. Firstly, fetch your ingredients as shown above and place your Greek yoghurt and cranberries to one side, you’ll use these later for decoration.
2. Line two baking trays with baking paper, whilst preheating your oven to 190°C / 170°C Fan / Gas Mark 5.
3. Combine your flour and oats in a bowl. Then place your peanut butter, honey, egg, and water into a separate bowl and whisk together.
4. In the center of your flour create a well, pour your peanut butter mixture in and use a palette knife to mix this into a stiff dough.
5. Once your dough is ready, roll it out on a surface lightly dusted with flour until your dough is big enough to be evenly split into 30 cookies. Each cookie should be around 4mm in thickness.
6. Transfer your cookies onto the baking tray and ensure they’re spaced apart. Bake the cookies for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
7. Be careful when removing your cookies from the oven and place them onto a wire rack. Keep your paws off the cookies and let them cool.
8. Now for the fun part, it’s time to decorate! Mix your yoghurt and ½ tbsp of honey into a bowl. Place this mixture into a piping bag ready to decorate the cookies.
9. Pipe a small amount of the yoghurt onto the cookies, at the top of them so they resemble a Christmas pudding. Then add your cranberries on top of the yoghurt and you’re good to go!
Top tip: Only decorate your cookies when they’re ready to serve. This will prevent them from becoming soggy. Keep them fresh in an airtight container to be enjoyed throughout the festive season. Remember that this is a special treat for your dog so don’t feed them too many.
For more dog-friendly recipes, check out our recipe blog posts which feature brownies, cupcakes, and pancakes. They’ve each been tried and tested by our wonderful office dogs and get a paws up from them!
Treats Your Dog Will Woof This Christmas
We know that learning how to make Christmas dog treats doesn’t always go to plan, but don’t worry, Yappy has lots of festive treats your pup is going to woof!
Is your pooch on Santa paw’s nice list this year? Make sure you remind them how special they’re with their personalized Santa sack and fill it with all their favorite goodies!
From personalized leashes and collars to make walks even more enjoyable, to our furbulous selection of personalized dog towels, to dry off those muddy paws! They offer the pawfect way to pamper your pup this Christmas.
Add a wonderful finishing touch to all your gifts with your personalized wrapping paper - available in a choice of stunning and festive designs!
Dress To Impress This Woofmas
Make sure your food-loving pup is dressed to impress this Christmas! Check out our furbulous selection of bandanas that will be adorable outfits for them throughout Woofmas. Will they have the honor of being the official turkey tester? Someone’s got to do it!
If your dog is only around for the food – we’ve got the pawfect bandana for them. We can imagine your pup will love all the extra attention they’ll get when wearing this cute fashion accessory.
And, if your dog is to blame for stealing Santa Paws’ cookies, make sure to fetch this adorable bandana, which is available in four jolly colors. While it’ll let everyone know who’s to blame, one look into your dog’s puppy dog eyes and all will be forgiven.
Always Yappy to Help
If you have any questions relating to this article or need any support with your order, then please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for all customer service-related queries and we’ll be more than happy to help.